Sunday, January 26, 2014

Black and White Experiment Update

      So on Jan 2nd, I wrote about an experiment I was doing with the black and white quilts to see if it was the black and white fabrics or the type of quilt that made the difference in popularity.  Here's what I found.  I made this black and white minky quilt with black minky on the back on Jan. 5th.  I posted a picture of it here and it immediately sold to someone who actually wanted a name embroidered on it. 


So I made her another identical quilt with her baby's name on it.


I listed the original quilt in my shop on Jan. 5th and it sold in 18 days - the fastest anything has sold.

So I think the conclusion to the experiment is that black and white is classic no matter how you make it. 

 I will be making many more of these quilts.  I am working on a full size black and white rag quilt right now and I will be listing this one with white minky tomorrow:


No comments:

Post a Comment