Thursday, August 5, 2010

A very loved quilt

A very loved quilt

       Etsy jewelry artist, Sarah Hood said, "Make work you love and list it!  Well, I LOVE making my rag quilts.  Even when I was not making them the right way, I still loved the whole process of making a quilt.  When I wake up in the morning, before I get out of bed, I think about which quilt I'm working on, I look forward to sewing it and I feel happy.  Recently, I made the prettiest quilt I have ever done ( in my opinion).  It was also the hardest because I used fleece in between the flannels instead of more flannel.  It took a long time to clip the seams.  (Let me take a moment here to thank the best seam clipper in the world, my daughter Katie Rogers!) I have enough material to make a similar quilt and even though it was hard, I can't wait to jump in and do it all over again.  I fell in love with this quilt as I was laying it out and layering it and sewing it.  Katie fell in love with it as she clipped it's seams.  This is a very loved quilt.  We both wanted to keep the quilt instead of listing it but I decided that since she is leaving for college next month, I would give it to her as a going away gift.  She's happy and I'm happy it will stay in the family.  I love every quilt I make and I love that I have been able to sell them through Etsy.



1 comment: