The straw frame intrigued me since the tool I needed to make it was a phillips head screwdriver. For my first attempt I used all the scraps of fabric that I had left over from making my son's quilt. I cut them with a rotary cutter to 3" each and individually attached them to the frame. At first I wasn't sure I liked the way it was going but I stuck with it. When it was finished I thought it was gorgeous! I showed Summer a picture of it and she recommended that I list it on Etsy because it was good.
My next attempt was a christmas fabric wreath since wreaths are mostly used at christmastime. I used one red and green plaid fabric but this time I pinked the edges and the finished wreath was lovelier than the first.
After this wreath I made 4 more wreaths in this way. I love the finished result so much and I have been lucky enough to sell a few on Etsy. So thank you to RagHearth for your inspiration and to Summer for your guidance and encouragement.