I finished washing and drying it to give it the just right fluffiness in the seams and when I measured it, it was smaller than the customer wanted. My fault. So I thought I would add one more row to the sides. No big deal. I set about opening the seams in my sunny sewing room and as I held up the quilt to the light I saw (gasp) that I had not caught the batting in the seam. The batting had curled up toward the middle.
No way could I sell this to my customer even though she might never know what was on the inside. It could not be fixed without taking the whole thing apart. I agonized over my options and finally decided to buy more fabric and start all over. Unfortunately all the same fabrics were not available anymore. Fortunately I found similar fabrics that were a better baby blue hue. I did take the entire messed up quilt apart and I will be reusing all the fabric again in other quilts.
The bonus it that I have all that extra fabric from the first quilt to make more quilts, burpies, bibs and pillows.